planetdamage linkbox, 2012-04-07
- Found The Nines (IX) via m1k3y’s blog – a three-part movie that promises to be an intricately constructed intriguing blur of reality, virtual reality and metaphysical fantasy, without having seen that: the trailer is edgewalking between Wild Palms and 23 – but a definite must-watch for the holidays.
- You’ve probably stumbled over Glass, Google’s augmented reality project – Wired UK has a great overview on it – but what tickles the back of our brains is: where’s all the (mostly) relevant Google Ads material? Here’s a brand identity corrected version called ADmented reality by pop culture hacker Jonathan McIntosh.
- The Hartnoll brothers aka Orbital are back for a new album after eight years and here’s what they told Wired’s Geeta Dayal. And there’s a collab track. With Zola Jesus.
- Rock Band turns into Rock Band Blitz, ditches plastic instruments, basically goes Audiosurf.
- Dunno the source for that (but that was probably from Russia) – Luminokaya, quite a decent psy/goa artwork lab.
- Glitch/ambient/technoid/evil dubstep god Hecq has a free Ableton Live Pack for download -according to the Ableton site, “a modern update on classic IDM and glitch, infused with a healthy dose of dubstep elements.”
- Stop Writing on the Internet to Make People Love You. A wonderful and true piece on why and how we do or do not write and have our doubts about the whole thing. Jennifer Wright. She has words of wisdom.