bookmarks, linkbox, 2012-02-04
Random bits of entertainment fun from all the ten corners of the world. Also known as digging back old stuff from Google Reader, Google Bookmarks and the Chrome Bookmarks. Still looking for a tool to aggregate these three into one feed.
dominated by Kotaku
- The amazing Georgia Vecchini (Kotaku adoring her Yuan cosplay above)
- Meagan Marie, previously posted here on occasion of her Moxie set
- Omi Gibson, cosplayer extraordinaire with her Resident Evil photoshoot
- Korean cosplay collective Spiral Cats
- And finally, a BRUTAL ASSORTMENT OF GHOST IN THE SHELL COSPLAY LINKS (via idiotandroid links)
- RetroBlazer, a very Wolfenstein 3Dish retro style FPS based on the Quake 1 engine (as recommended by Jordan of Section9Gear and TIGSource)
- Dune Wars, a total conversion for Civilization 4, haven’t tried that out but everybody in my FB thread said it’s uber amazing! (as recommended by Prezzey)
- Nitronic Rush level 1 with no boost and no gas – Nitronic Rush is one of the best coffeebreak games of this year, mixing Tron lightcyclism with Daft Punk electro and the whole early nineties Stunts car racing with the neon aesthetics. This gameplay video will twist your mind all the way about how to play this game!
- And finally there’s a voice cast video out for Mass Effect 3! This itself is the only great news as it’s far less exciting and motivating than the one done for ME2 – I knew I WANTED TO BUY THE GAME INSTANTLY after seeing that one. This version? On par with a cosmic shrug.
- Flexing seems to be the new black, a new subculture bordering on gas mask fetish, body contortion and bruk-up that seems to be a very tribal version of electric boogie, popping and liquid moves to me.. amazing!
- Ken Hollings lectures on John Cage from 2011 “Off the Page” music criticism and audio culture literary festival
- Skin: “a dark, stylish examination of tattoo culture as high art, and a film that tests the boundaries of art and the human body.”
- A Grant Morrison interview by the ComicImpact guys
- Julian Assange of Wikileaks to launch his own TV show?