Stray Signal (EP, 2018)
Stray Signal, the latest EP by Planetdamage reflects on the notion that there is nothing inherently wrong with technology – it’s humans that keep messing things up. On the new EP you have four original electro-industrial tracks and some remixes to go with it – by none other than Angelspit, Leaether Strip and Der Prosector! (Released on Two Gods Records, entry on Discogs.)
STREAM AND SUPPORT
As with all Planetdamage releases, it features a Bandcamp-only audio commentary, available upon purchase.
Tracks 1-4 written and produced by Mariusz Bari at The Lodge HQ. Vocals and lyrics on all tracks by Mariusz Bari, additional vocals on track 5 by Sophia. Track 5 remixed by Zoog von Rock / Angelspit. Track 6 remixed by Claus Larsen / Leaether Strip. Track 7 remixed by Der Prosector.
“Stray Signal” mixed and mastered at The Cage Studios by Martin Bowes with the exception of track 7, which was mixed by Jules Seifert at Epic Audio Media.
- Stray Signal marks a new milestone in my production workflow: after having worked with Renoise for a longer time, I switched over to Bitwig and started incorporating outboard gear.
- I also started doing one-hour session experiments: aim was to do a song in an hour. If I cannot finish a song in an hour, finish at least one verse and a chorus in an hour. If I cannot finish those, there is definitely room for improvement. Three songs out of the four originals come from such sessions.
- If you VST your basslines, I whole-heartedly recommend G-Sonique Renegade.
- If you are interested in more trivia about my songwriting process and how each song was made, I would totally advise you to buy the EP on Bandcamp… that way you get a production diary bundled with the music that will tell you a whole lot of secret goodness!
- Vex is already featured on Intravenous Magazine’s Blood Pack Vol. 5. compilation!
- Date February 1, 2018
- Tags music releases
- URL View Project